Regina Greer- Smith, MPH FACHE
Regina is president and owner of Healthcare Research Associates, LLC located in Hazel Crest, Illinois. Regina’s work includes building and maintaining collaborations between communities and stakeholders that enable improved healthcare outcomes. Regina currently is a consultant /healthcare coordinator to agencies providing services to developmentally and intellectually disabled adults in Illinois and the use of mobile technology to enable collaboration between patients/caregivers and providers.
In January, 2013, Regina and a team of healthcare professionals formed The Midwest /Partners Patient Engagement Cluster, (MPPEC) resulting from involvement with The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), a non-profit organization enacted by Congress from legislation from The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act “Obamacare” in October 2012. MPPEC’s mission is to connect patients and researchers in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR).
She is the developer and principal investigator of The S.T.A.R. Initiative which won an Honorable Mention in the Concept category from PCORI and received an Outreach Express Award from the NationalNetwork of Libraries of Medicine/National Institute of Health. The mission of The S.T.A.R. Initiative is to increase minority participation in patient-centered outcomes research and clinical trials.
Regina holds a Master of Public Health Degree (MPH) from Benedictine University, Lisle, IL and is a Fellow with The American College of Healthcare Executives (board certified). She earned a Certificate in Project Management from Loyola University, Chicago, IL. She was recently approved as a member of PCORI’s Advisory Panel for Patient Engagement.
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute –PCORI Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement
- American Heart Association – Illinois State Advocacy Board
- Project Patient Care - Board Member
- Hazel Crest, IL Health Commission - Chair
- Affiliate – National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- South Chicago Institutional Review Board – Franciscan Alliance – Non-Scientific Member
- Chair – Care Transitions Advisory Group – Telligen - Illinois Quality Improvement Organization - QIO
- Partnership for Patients Network – Co-Leader Vulnerable Populations Affinity Group
- Member – Midwest/Partners Patient Engagement Cluster - MPPEC
- Member – Community Engagement Advisory Board, the University of Illinois, Chicago
- Co-Principal Investigator- The Patient-Powered Spirituality and Quality of Life Research Network (PSQAR), Buehler Center for Aging, Health and Society, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine